Finding, retaining and developing suitable employees is a central concern for the aviation industry.
Read this blog and learn what challenges the aviation sector will be facing in the near future and what solutions are available.
Earlier this year IATA conducted a global survey of over 100 leading HR professionals from airlines, airports and ground handling service providers.
They listed 5 key topics you need to know:
1. Significant growth in the number of jobs is forecast
The three job roles with the highest anticipated growth are:
- Ground operations
- Customer service
- Cabin crew
2. Finding new employees is a much bigger challenge than dealing with retirements
The recruitment of new employees is the biggest challenge facing the aviation industry.
3. Current training initiatives are not effective enough
The quality of training programmes is not satisfactory. Organisations are looking for help from external partners to improve their training.
4. Providing safety and customer service skills training is a higher priority than developing IT and digital skills
Safety and customer service skills are critically important and training staff to master these skills is a top priority.
5. Technology is changing the customer service role
Traditional customer service roles need to be evolved in order to deliver a smooth, hassle-free and enjoyable experience throughout the entire passenger journey.
Our online Recruitment and Training services were designed to address these issues
We can help your company to overcome upcoming challenges in competence acquisition, training and performance management.
Please drop me an email to discuss this in more detail.