Airlines, Ground Handling Companies
Overview and learning objectives
This course provides basic information about serious infectious diseases (e.g. COVID-19). The course is designed for airlines and ground handling agent’s personnel to gain relevant knowledge, understanding and best practices in the event of public health emergencies.
The course content is based on WHO, EASA, FAA and IATA guidelines, recommendations, and regulations available as of April 2020.
The purpose of this course is to
- Provide information of best practices in the event of public health emergencies and how to minimise the risk of infection.
- Provide skills for new employees or refresh the skills of current employees.
- Help companies arrange training flexibly.
- Help companies gain compliance with current requirements and recommendations.
The course covers following key topics:
- Introduction to communicable diseases and pandemics
- How diseases spread
- Preventive measures
- Emergency response
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- Final test
This course is designed for
Passenger Service Agents, Cabin Crew, Ramp Handlers, Cargo and Catering Staff and Aircraft Cleaning Crew.
The duration of the e-learning course
- Approx. 30 minutes
Contact us for more information.