Most companies have invested massive amounts of money in ICT, security systems and movement control. Premises and employees are protected with state-of-the-art locking systems and CCTV’s. Often too little attention is paid to ensure that employees understand how to treat company information and what to communicate with people outside their organisation.
Here’s some basic rules to follow:
- Work matters should be discussed only at work, not even at home with family members.
- Public places, public transport or restaurants are not good places for work discussions or phone conversations about work.
- Think about what and how you communicate, in work premises too, and remember the people within hearing range who can be customers or business partners.
- Office and meeting room sound insulation is not always enough to ensure that your message would remain entirely within the walls.
- It is important to remember that when you are on social media, in the name of your company, you are representing your employer.
Think before you act!
Human behaviour plays a central role in information security and security culture needs to be improved continuously. We have worked closely with our clients and learned that information security training is a must when companies are building a strong security culture.
Information Security Online eLearning Course
Our Information Security Online eLearning Training Course is designed for personnel to gain relevant knowledge and acquire practical skills as to how to avoid information security mistakes, and help companies gain compliance with information security recommendations.
Do you want to know more?
If you would like to know more about our services and how we will support clients, please send your request by email directly to me.
With best regards,